Phase Objectives

I have some questions about Phase Objectives in infection:

For Modify Planetary Attitude, can the attitude only be pushed clockwise, not counter-clockwise? Why (how) can Personal Experience be shifted to Ignorant?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have a Ignorant-Personal Experience continuum, like with quarantine?

If world building parameters are changed, does that affect disposition for future phases?

If in Phase two, I successfully force the other faction’s only remaining figure of note out of play, do they even get a figure of note for Phase 3? Or do they have to get a new figure of note?

A generation once intimately familar with war may fail to pass its knowledge on, leaving its descendents bereft and ignorant. An organization who had intimate knowledge of the enemy may sit complacent while the enemy changes its tactics. When the war reignites, the “personal experience” is as valuable as ignorance.

When WB elements are changed, change the dispo totals.

It is possible to deny your opponent a roll with his featured FoN by forcing him out of play (or killing him in play!).

-L

Memetic Information Viruses are useful population control tools, as are massive programs of misinformation. If the ‘educated’ populus is looking for pesky worms in the fluoridated water… it ain’t gonna serve them too well in the Usurpation.

Thanks for the answers!

I guess that makes sense for Informed/Ignorant, but I don’t like it.

And more generally:

For Modify Planetary Attitude, can the attitude only be pushed clockwise, not counter-clockwise?

I don’t like watching Western democracies slide into the ignorance of a warlike culture either, but it happens.

For Modify Planetary Attitude, can the attitude only be pushed clockwise, not counter-clockwise?

What does the book say?

-L

I seriously don’t get your response. The book isn’t clear, that’s why I asked, and the political commentary non-sequitor doesn’t help.

As the book says, “The Planetary Attiude may shift up to two steps in the direction indicated on this scale per phase.”

So yes, the attitude may only be shifted clockwise.

Luke was pointing out a real-world example of what might be taken as a shift from Educated/Informed to Ignorant.

Thanks Thor.