Post-Apocalyptic Hack? Fallout/NCR

Curious to hear what people think of the idea of a Post Apocalyptic hack, set specifically in the Fallout Universe.

I think the NCR Rangers or the Brotherhood of Steel would actually be a pretty good analogs for the Mouse Guard in that setting.

I had, years ago, toyed with a complete BW conversion but there was way too much to have to do(my Wheel of Time Conversion is still only about half done), but I think Mouse Guard, being so much more streamlined, could be hacked fairly easily

I’m working on a hack using the NCR Rangers in lieu of the Guard. I’ll post details soon.

edit: Corrected the faction the player characters are members of.

A quick update, I’m still working on the hack and will post the fluffy bits soon. But, for now, I wanted to tap the forum collective and see what you guys think about the Fallout weapons stats I’ve worked out so far. I used the overarching weapons groups instead of specific weapons, I feel that the weapon groups themselves all share common traits and the specific pistol/rifle/etc. a character chooses is more for the player’s roleplay benefit than any true game mechanic. Anyway, here’s what I’ve got so far.

Pistols/Energy Pistols: Missile: Against shorter-ranged weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Medium Range: +1D to Maneuver.
Rifles/Energy Rifles: Missile: Against shorter-ranged weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Long Range: +2D to Maneuver against normal, spear, or thrown weapons. Hard to Defend: Add +1D to your Attack versus Defend
SMGs: Burst: Mechanically identical to “Hooked”, +1D to Maneuver, +1s after a successful maneuver. Unwieldy: -1D to Attack.
Shotguns: Versatile: Shotguns are versatile firearms. They can be used to grant properties similar to a Blunt Melee weapon (Deadly, Slow), or Thrown weapons (Spear). Choose which mode you’re using before announcing your first action.
Heavy Weapons/Heavy Energy Weapons/Projectile Explosives: Deadly: +1s after a successful attack. Slow: -1D to Defend or Feint. Heavy: -1D Health to recover from fatigue if the weapon was used in a fight during the last Turn. Missile: Against shorter-ranged weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Medium Range: +1D to Maneuver. Unwieldy: -1D to Attack.
Explosives: Shady Sands Shuffle: Mechanically identical to “Handy”, +1D to Feint actions. May also be thrown. When throwing an explosive, your attack action counts as a versus action against an opponent’s Attack and is independent against Maneuver. This only applies against spears and normal weapons. Unwieldy: -1D to Attack.
Bladed Melee: Useful: +1D to one action of your choice in a fight. You may choose the action at any point during the conflict. Once chosen, the bonus die sticks to that action for the remainder of the fight.
Blunt Melee: Deadly: +1s after a succesful attack. Slow: -1D to Defend or Feint.
Thrown: Spear: Your Attack action counts as a versus action against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. This only applies against spears and normal weapons. The spear also gets a +1D to Maneuver against normal weapons.
Unarmed: Short and Quick: Any succesful Maneuver when fighting with bare hands, against a spear, thrown, or missile weapon counts as the disarm effect. This effect happens in addition to your margin of success for the maneuver action.

Anyway, that’s what I’ve got for the fighting weapons at the moment. Any and all constructive criticism is openly welcomed.

I’m still working on the Fallout NCR hack for Mouse Guard and am working on the recruitment/character creation section. I’m having trouble converting the ranks for NCR Rangers to the five rank system listed in Mouse Guard, does anyone have any suggestions for rank structure? All I’ve got so far is Cub (Tenderpaw), Ranger (guardmouse), Patrol Ranger (patrol guard), and Veteran Ranger (patrol leader or guard captain, not sure which one). I can’t for the life of me figure out a fifth rank based on this system other than “Ranger Chief”, but after reading about Chief Hanlon and Elise from Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 2, respectively, it seems that Chief is more akin to Gwendolyn’s Matriarch rank. Any ideas in this area would be greatly appreciated.

How about “Regular”.

I would probably go:
Recruit
Ranger
Patrol Ranger
Ranger Sergeant
Veteran Ranger(To me this fits the Guard Captain role in description)