Some time ago in the country in which I live localized RPG Mouse guards. Unfortunately we do not have a very large community of players and presenters, and the publisher is quite “amorphous” and very little support for players. So I decided to turn here - including on the advice of David Peterson - I turned first to him, because the form did not work.
I apologize in advance for:
- My English is not very good, I can not very clearly Express my thoughts because of this;
- From the fact that my English is not very good - I find it difficult to use the search. If I ask questions that have already been discussed, please just give me a link.
I have already played a number of games on the system. And the longer we play, the deeper we dig the rules. I immediately say - I did not play the original system - Burning Wheel. Actually questions:
- Conflict. The order of drawing cards during the conflict is determined in advance? ie, Players can’t respond to map an open leading, and to choose a more advantageous for them.
- Conflict. Let’s say it’s a " fight." One team looks like this: Damon, Charles, Kane and Paulie - they are mice, guards. The other team is Gulgar and his team. All five of them. Is it possible in this conflict split second the command as follows: Gulgar - captain, and the other five will be one “unit”. ie, they only add +1D when checking Golharam skill “Fighter” in determining disposition. And they will receive one action card at all.
- Going back to step 2. So - how to count the number of dice that must to burn incense, this “unit” with the skill check? Arithmetic mean? amount?
- Again, the situation from paragraph 2. If you can. For example, if two of the five sailors have equipment “light armor”. Let’s say these five play the action “Attack” against the “Attack” of the Guards. Have detained marks 3 success. How can you use “units” of equipment which would reduce the damage of the Disposition? One? Two? or none?
- One of my player he is a terrible lover of all “combo” - put forward this idea: the Mouse is advantageous not to have skills that would replace their ability to “Nature”. I will say not having the skill to “Fighter”, the mouse to throw the definition of Dispositions in the “Battle” can throw “Nature” - and for that it will be nothing, because this test cannot fail. I didn’t argue, but I think it’s really weird.
Russian-language book confirms that so can be to do. I will be very grateful to the answers. Even stronger I would be grateful if you will indicate where in the book you can find answers to these questions if they (answers) are there. my players and I have found solutions to these game situations, but I really want to find the “right” or “official” answers to better understand the system.