Questions about rolls in conflicts (fate/persona, nature, traits)

I ran my first game of Mouse Guard a few days ago and had a blast. Everything went pretty smoothly (except I thought that the mice could tie with an independent obstacle and they got beat up after failing a few tiebreakers). The conflict was a bit rough though, and I want to get the hang of this before our next session:

So, in a conflict can the mouse making an action:
[ol]
[li] Use fate points to roll extra dice for axes? (seems obvious but I’m being comprehensive)
[/li][li] Use persona points to add extra dice before rolling? (I think they can do that on obstacles, not got my rulebook on me)
[/li][li] Use persona points to tap their nature?
[/li][li] Use their wises?
[/li][li] Use a trait to their advantage?
[/li][li] Use a trait to their disadvantage?
[/li][li] If any of 2-7 are correct, do they do this before or after both sides reveal their actions?
[/li][li] If it is after actions are revealed then can they wait for the GM to roll to see what they have to beat?
[/li][/ol]
I am not sure which way Q7 would go. On the one hand I think players will feel annoyed if they are wasting fate/persona/trait usages and their action is trumped. On the other hand though if you can make the decision after discovering whether your action is trumped there is less risk involved. Initially I was concerned that a trumped player would always choose to use a trait against themselves to earn a check, though I guess that actually wouldn’t work because they do not have a reason to roll anymore.

For the traits in general I want my players to be able to use their traits against themselves as much as they like, but I am concerned that in a conflict someone could earn many checks by e.g. being a clumsy longtail on every round.

1-5: Yes
6: Yes, if it’s not the Player’s Turn
7: After revealing actions, while gathering dice
8: No, you roll at the same time.

My response:

1. Use Fate after a roll to explode axes; don’t hurt to announce the intent to use Fate if axes come up, yet not with enough successes
  2. Discuss use of Persona before a roll; however, I certainly allow a player to request it after an initial roll fails (best practice is to announce before rolling)
  3. Discuss use of Persona to Tap Nature before a roll; however, I certainly allow a player to request it after an initial roll fails (best practice is to announce before rolling)
  4. [1e] use of wise while gathering dice pool; be sure to talk about using the wise and get all the info possible; [2e] use wises to help other players while gathering dice pool; be sure to talk about using the wise and get all info possible; use wises after a roll to recover from failed dice: Fate to reroll 1 failed die (pg 271), Persona to reroll all failed dice (pg 272).
  5. Discuss use of Trait before rolling for benefit
  6. Discuss use of Trait before rolling for detriment; Use Trait in Tied Vs after seeing the tie–probably after considering Fate
  7. During Conflict, all of this is after actions are revealed and interaction of actions confirmed; (pg 100): GM reveals action first, then player (pg 88: or higher ranking mouse, then lower ranking mouse during internal player conflict)
  8. (pg 88: GM always rolls first and shows results to player; senior ranking mouse rolls first and shows to opposing junior, then lower ranking mouse rolls and shows