Spell Song failure

I wouldn’t. I generally assume BV is over in 1-2 exchanges.

Or, to do it a more “legit” way: only if the BV goes multiple rounds would I even think about it. That is, both sides consistently getting more defense successes than the other sides attack.

But I do think relevant spellsongs should contribute to dice pools in BV.

Matt

Honestly, I never use Bloody Versus tests. I either use a straight up Versus test or a Fight. If I did use it, I wouldn’t do anything about wonderment. You’re already getting the benefit of Song of the Sword and this opponent can’t be that dramatically important or you’d be using a Fight.

Fair enough.

-k

We do Bloody Versus on the occasion where I want to both quickly resolve the conflict (because it’s not BITsy, or at least not Belief-oriented…maybe an Instinct to beat on bandits of a Nose for Trouble trait) and introduce the threat of harm. No “rounds,” one and done just like any other Versus test. Comes up maybe every…fourth session or so?

In retrospect, yeah, my little hacklet isn’t awesome because Wonderment could completely invalidate the whole shebang.

Probably the right answer is, give an advantage die for suitable songs or go straight to Fight! time.