Spell "weapons" for fights

Here’s me taking a shot at some of the spells revised in the MaBu. C&C welcome and appreciated.

Fire Breath
Short Range Spell: Against normal-ranged weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Fiery Pain: +1s after a successful Attack action.
or maybe:

Fire Fan
Medium Range Spell: Against normal and polearm weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. +1D to Maneuver against normal and polearm weapons. Hard to Defend: Add +1D to your Attack versus Defend.

Havoc’s Hand
Close Range Spell: Use of this spell is treated as a normal weapon for range. Deadly Poison: +3s after a successful Attack action.

Shards
Medium Range Spell: Against normal and polearm weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. +1D to Maneuver against normal and polearm weapons.

Storm of Lightening
Missile Range Spell: Against short-ranged weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Long Range: +2D to Maneuver against normal, polearm or thrown weapons. Wrath of the Heavens: +2D to Attack actions.

White Fire
Missile Range Spell: Against short-ranged weapons, your Attack action counts as a versus action (rather than independent) against Attack and is independent against Maneuver. Long Range: +2D to Maneuver against normal, polearm or thrown weapons. Struck by Lightening: +2s after a successful Attack action.

Apologies for the double post. I would delete one, but the boards won’t let me.

Hm. So you cast using a successful Maneuver action – successes could have MOS costs.

Then the spell goes off in the next action? That could work. The group uses an Attack action, the spell counts as a weapon. Who rolls for the attack?

Yes, I was assuming the Maneuver-as-casting as you’d mentioned in another thread.

Who rolls for the casting? That was bothering me too. Seems it works fine if the sorcerer is on a team alone, but in a group, with alternating players…?
Perhaps doing the Maneuver with Sorcery to represent the mage keeping everything together in the heat of battle & then the spell is added on to the next action regardless of who rolls? Or someone else rolls something -speed, weapon skill or what have you- as the Maneuver to represent keeping the enemy away from the mage as he casts & then the “spell effect action” is an Attack action, using Sorcery, rolled by the mage?

While writing the spells out I was also thinking of still Taxing the sorcerer mid-conflict to balance it out, though maybe they aren’t as powerful as they seemed to me?

Wow. I want more. And then a playtest report to hear how it worked out.

Here is the original link to the discussion of magic + Mouse Guard (for reference).

Heh, as soon as I get a game together I’ll post the AP.