Spending Artha in a Fight

Hello, everyone. This is my first post.

First of all, sorry for my English, it is not the best, so please let me know if something isn’t clear.

I have two doubts about spending Artha in a Fight.

1. If I use Block and Strike or Counterstrike, I divide my roll in two pools of dice and then I decide to spend a fate point to use Luck, do I reroll every 6 in the two pools or do I need to spend a fate point for each pool?

2. If I have a shield, I use it in a Block or Counterstrike action and I roll at least a 1 on a die (on my shield dice), my shield is damaged. But, if I spent a deeds point to use Saving Grace, I reroll all failed dice (included shield). Regarding shield damage, does 1 on the first roll count or does the die I roll again count?

2 Likes

Treat both sides as one test for spending artha.

Treat them as separate for advancement.

The simplest read is that you don’t count 1s until after the reroll. I can’t think of any reason why this wouldn’t be the case.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I can’t quite understand something. After the rolls, would 1s count toward shield damage if there were no 1s on Saving Grace’s roll but there were 1s in the initial roll?

No.

At least, that’s my read. I would ignore any result from the dice until any and all artha and call-ons are used.

2 Likes

Thanks!

So, when I get another shield I’ll put it in into practice. :sweat_smile:

1 Like