Spending Artha in a Fight

Hello, everyone. This is my first post.

First of all, sorry for my English, it is not the best, so please let me know if something isn’t clear.

I have two doubts about spending Artha in a Fight.

1. If I use Block and Strike or Counterstrike, I divide my roll in two pools of dice and then I decide to spend a fate point to use Luck, do I reroll every 6 in the two pools or do I need to spend a fate point for each pool?

2. If I have a shield, I use it in a Block or Counterstrike action and I roll at least a 1 on a die (on my shield dice), my shield is damaged. But, if I spent a deeds point to use Saving Grace, I reroll all failed dice (included shield). Regarding shield damage, does 1 on the first roll count or does the die I roll again count?

2 Likes

Treat both sides as one test for spending artha.

Treat them as separate for advancement.

The simplest read is that you don’t count 1s until after the reroll. I can’t think of any reason why this wouldn’t be the case.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I can’t quite understand something. After the rolls, would 1s count toward shield damage if there were no 1s on Saving Grace’s roll but there were 1s in the initial roll?

1 Like

No.

At least, that’s my read. I would ignore any result from the dice until any and all artha and call-ons are used.

2 Likes

Thanks!

So, when I get another shield I’ll put it in into practice. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.