Spending checks during Camp Phase

Hi guys, I´m having some issues to understand some phrase on the Camp Chapter. On Pag. 83 it says that you can spend checks to “debate a course of action” What does it mean exacly? Is Table Chatter not allow during Camp Phase? Or is in case that players cannot reach to an angreement on what to do next and they want to initiate a conflict in order to settle the discusion?

Table Chatter is certainly allowed, but as characters start debating, the GM should pointedly ask if someone wants to spend a check to make it into a conflict proper. That’s my read, anyhow.

Yah, you can spend checks for an argument conflict in camp. Great fun!

And as far as I can tell, if you’re really feelin’ it, you can have an Instinct of “When we make camp, I start an argument.” You can’t earn more checks off of it (because I think there’s a specific rule about not earning checks in camp), but it makes great hilarity and might at times be useful, if you find ways to argue about the right things.

Just to be clear, table chatter is not only allowed but encouraged. The leader for the adventure (see page 58) makes the final call if there’s any disagreement. If you still disagree, you have the option in camp to spend a check to initiate a Convince conflict to convince the leader. It’s costly: It requires a check and it always ends in a twist, regardless of the outcome (see Player vs. Player on page 118). But the option is there if you need it.

Of course, if you have an instinct, it doesn’t cost a check/turn/lifestyle increase. But there’s still a twist!

Starting a Convince Conflict is a great way to earn checks for advancement…

Stay cool :cool:

And getting kicked out. Trust me.

That is brilliant. You’d have to work really hard to get that kind of trouble just right.

of the party or of the table? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do the magician a favor, start an argument with him.

Stay cool 8)