The Limits of hatred

I’ve been playing a Half Orc with Hatred for about 20 sessions now, I’m wondering if I’ve been using Hatred wrong. pg 241 Summoning Fury: “Once per session, an Orc character may test his Hatred in place of any stat or skill so long as the intent of the test…” So my question is this, when I’m using Hatred in place of a skill, am I treated as having that skill or if I don’t have the skill am I suffering from the double obstacle penalty? I used it for Falsehood to convince an old lady her grandson was dead, should the GM have double her Will since I’m untrained in Falsehood?

1 Like

You’re considered to be testing an attribute for the purpose of the skilled vs. unskilled paradigm—meaning you don’t count as unskilled (cf. Steel maneuvers in R&C). You don’t apply double Ob penalty for lacking the skill, either because (a) you’re not using beginner’s luck, (b) you’re not testing a stat, or (c) your Hatred counts as the stat or skill in question.

So basically, no worries! You’re safe from the unskilled double Ob! (But not tools double Ob, etc.)

4 Likes

And welcome to the forums! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks! I guess the next question is, what does a double double ob look like? is it a quadruple ob or a triple ob?

1 Like

Quadruple!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.