Tiebreaker questions

If you use a trait to impede yourself on a roll, and the roll ends up a tie, can you use a trait to impede yourself on the tiebreaker roll?

If Sadie helps Kenzie with a Persuader test against another mouse, and the roll ends up a tie, can Sadie help Kenzie with the Will tiebreaker roll?

-B

1. Can you think of any reason not to?

2. We usually make tie-breakers one on one, but that’s just us. Tie breaker tests do not supersede any of the rules related to tests.

1. There was the concern that the tiebreaker was considered part of the test whose tie it’s breaking, and thus any rules which state “only 1 of X per test” applied to it as well. There was also the concern that if you were to use a trait on a tiebreaker roll, you should have used it to break the tie in your opponent’s favor. Just checking.

2. Hm. So you think it could go either way, or would you recommend just keeping it one-on-one?

Thanks!

-B

1. Actually, it’s the tied roll that’s the exception. It doesn’t count as a pass or fail. The second roll is more important that the first.

2. Don’t matter to me either way.

Amusingly, after giving it some thought, I think I wouldn’t want a player Invoking the Negative Aspect of a trait on a tiebreaker roll, after all. Why would you want to break the tie in your opponent’s favor for 2 checks and guarantee a loss, when you could use the “hurt” option to give your opponent +2D on the tiebreaker roll, get the same 2 checks, and then have a chance of winning the tiebreaker, to boot?

-B