Torchbearer Rules and Currency Summary Page

That’s not a very sexy name, but hopefully this schematic is more edifying.

Does this help you better understand how to play Torchbearer at a glance? It is meant for a high level view. It doesn’t describe conflicts, respite or session dynamics.

18 Likes

One thing that’s missing, and luckily I think you might have space for it, is Obstacle to Obstacle between Result and Describe on the Adventure wheel. It’s implied, sure, but putting a name to the GM’s mandate was clever, I think it would be good to include it here.

Initial impression from my three most experienced TB players is positive :slight_smile: they all feel like it’ll be a useful table side reference.

:crossed_fingers: I should have a new game starting next week. Will see how the novice players take to it / how it handles at the digital table and report back.

3 Likes

The before roll list of disadvantages seems to be missing the option of giving your opponent +2D for a check.

This is a very easily understood Order of Operations, it’s really quite good!

2 Likes

I love the individual sections, where each peace is broken down, but the flow between the different high level pieces (Describe, discuss etc…) is confusing to me.

I feel like I missed something. Under Test -> Secondary Characters, is has pay a Fate to learn… shouldn’t that be spend a check? Or am I misunderstanding?

1 Like

Lots of little tweaks in the second edition.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you, Thor.

So if someone had hypothetically (ok… not hypothetically) been inspired by the 2e Kickstarter to finally break out the 1st edition and run a game, could I use the chart above as-is (with the implied changes), or is it likely to run me into unexpected trouble?

It’s such a nice chart, but I’m still new enough on the rules that I don’t trust myself to spot pitfalls.

I think you can use it as is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.