Traits - How to change the level

I’ve read everything I can find, but must be overlooking my answer. I understand the different benefits a level 1, 2 or 3 trait can offer. And I understand that you can “charge” a trait for that session, raising the level temporarily. But, how do you permanently raise the level. How would you go from a level 1 to a level 2? Do you have to use it against yourself and for yourself the number of times that there are bubbles? But, I believe you are supposed to erase the bubbles each session (because you can only use it for yourself one time per session). So, that doesn’t seem right. And it seems that there must be some way to raise the level of a trait permanently otherwise how would your raise a 2 to a 3? You had to be a 2 to begin with somehow. Unless, you would always have level 1’s but could charge it to a 2 and then again to a 3 all in the same session?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

It’s been a while since I Looked, but I think that changing Traits happens during Winter sessions.

Correct! It’s one of the two options: either you gain a new Trait from a tale or else you intensify an existing trait.