So the basics for troglodytes are pretty easy to come up with. You can just use something like orcs as the base or the frogmen from the Petersen Bestiary. But what about their two special abilities. I have a few possible ideas.
- Coming into close proximity of a troglodyte or entering one of their lairs requires a health test (maybe ob 3 or so)
- Losing a drive off or capture conflict with them automatically sticks the group with the Sick condition. This might be too harsh since they’re not poisonous, just stinky, so maybe Exhausted instead.
- Just a straight up defensive weapon in drive off/capture/kill
- Make it -1s or -2s against ranged weapons specifically.
- Are there many instances where you have PC groups rolling against monster ambushes? I’d set up some sort of ambush ability but not sure how it would work.