Here’s another fighting art I developed for my Burning Warhammer game. This one is for a witchhunter and is inspired by Victor Saltzpyre, a character from the Warhammer video game Vermintide 2. It allows you to use a pistol in Fight but not in Range & Cover. That would require a different art.
Feuertänzer (Fire Dancer) is a fighting art developed by Witch Hunter Templars who tend to fight alone or in small groups against faster and stronger foes. It emphasizes a combination of speed, trickiness and mental discipline.
|2||Bare fist, dagger||Aim, Avoid, Beat, Block, Counterstrike, Fire Gun, Reload Gun, Snapshot, Strike|
|3||Pistol, arming sword|
|4||Hatchet, light axe, long sword|
|Techniques||Instruction Ob||Physical/Phil. Ob||Practical Ob|
|Two-Fisted Fighting||Instruction Ob 1||Agility Ob 2||Feuertänzer Ob 1|
|Feint||Instruction Ob 2||Agility Ob 2||Feuertänzer Ob 2|
|Disarm||Instruction Ob 2||Agility Ob 3||Feuertanzer Ob 2|
|Quick Draw||Instruction Ob 2||Agility Ob 4||Feuertänzer Ob 3|
|Rapid Fire||Instruction Ob 3||Doctrine of Sigmar Ob 2||Feuertänzer Ob 3|
|Tempered Body||Instruction Ob 3||Doctrine of Sigmar Ob 3||Feuertänzer Ob 3|
|Wall of Steel||Instruction Ob 4||Doctrine of Sigmar Ob 4||Feuertänzer Ob 4|
|Iron Mind||Instruction Ob 5||Doctrine of Sigmar Ob 5||Feuertänzer Ob 5|
- Two-Fisted Fighting. Witch Hunters often fight with a rapier in one hand and a pistol in the other, though they are also adept at rapier and dagger.
- Feint. This opens the Feint action in Fight and gives the Witch Hunter +1D to Feint tests.
- Quick Draw. Draw weapons in 1 action rather than 2. May draw one weapon with each hand simultaneously.
- Rapid Fire. The Witch Hunter learns to trust Sigmar to guide their shots. +1D to Snapshot.
- Tempered Body. The Witch Hunter has reforged their body to be stronger and faster in the face of implacable foes. Use Feuertänzer to resist Charges, Locks and Pushes.
- Wall of Steel. Add +1D to the Block action and Block deflects and redirects all incoming attacks during the action.
- Iron Mind. +2D to Steel tests caused by daemons, sorcery, spirits or undead. If a spell or other magical effect targets a Witch Hunter’s stats, treat that stat as one higher (e.g., a sorcerer casts Persuasion on the Witch Hunter; the obstacle is the Witch Hunter’s Will + 1).