What members makes the best team?

It’s been running this through my head for a while now and I have my picks, but I’d like to hear what everyone else’s opinion is on what build is the best for a typical sized team 2-5 mice?

What I mean is what kind of specialties make the best cooperative unit?

Mastermind, Grifter, Hitter, Hacker and Thief.

Or maybe a Colonel, a crazy pilot, a “faceman” and someone with a van and a bad attitude.

Haha… I’m not sure what that means. I bet it’s clever though.

No what I mean is, should there be a healer on the team? What about a pathfinder? What if your teammates are all insectrists?

What team works the best in the game?

Those are the character roles from the Leverage RPG, based on the TV series of the same name.

Thing is, in MG if you don’t have a skill, then you roll beginners luck. More beginners luck rolls just mean more Conditions and Twists. So, the patrol is going to be totally thrashed by the end of the session, but it’s going to be a wild ride.

Yes, there was an attempt at cleverness there. I was referring to the roles from the Leverage TV show, and the A-Team.

I think that James is completely correct. Beginner’s Luck lets our mice learn new skills “on the fly”, so there’s really no need to tie our characters to the traditional models (classes) represented in most other games.

“It’s not what you fight, but what you fight for” kind of applies here.

So far, the best mix of character types I’ve seen is one where there is potential for conflict within the party, instead of external threats being the only thing to threaten or challenge BIGs. The combo in our PBEM with a shared enemy/friend between the two guardmice is roleplaying gold.