A potential fix?

That’s an artifact. That entire sentence should be deleted. Got it.

On page 177, Dro says “Too bad they have slings or you could have thrown your spear.” Doesn’t make any sense in context.

The instructions for who can use which circles of spells (pg 42) is confusing. The spells section of Leveling doesn’t explain it. Magician levels are only written out for first level (pg 113).

–Victor

Page 99, the description of Wizard dice. It mentions “casting” a spell, but that’s not in the chart. I suspect this refers to rolling the spell that you called, and that nicking originally referred to possibly rolling an 11 or a 12 (depending on the spell you called).

In an Attack vs. Attack situation, throwing a spear turns the normally independent interaction into a versus test. However, it doesn’t work against bows, crossbows and slings. See p. 41.

The instructions for who can use which circles of spells (pg 42) is confusing. The spells section of Leveling doesn’t explain it. Magician levels are only written out for first level (pg 113).

Did you look at the table at the bottom of 113?

The section titled “The Grind” on page 60 is copied completely on page 78.

I’m OK with that one actually. It’s an important enough rule that it doesn’t hurt to reiterate it in both Time & Light and Conditions & Recovery.

In the You all meet in a tavern’s Nature questions for all stocks (pp 16-17) the same sentence keeps cropping up…

…If you do / do not do X, you may replace or increase your home trait with A, B or C.

Are they trying to in fact say…?

If you do / do not do X, you may either increase your current home trait, or replace it with A, B or C.

John

See Traits from Nature​ on page 16.

Ah, Reading that paragraph a couple of times helped. Thank you.
John

I thought that might be the case.

p153, instead of Trapped Weapons, it says Drive Off Weapons.

Got that one already, but thanks!

Since this seems to be becoming the master typo thread…

On page 48 under Shroud of Shadows it says “Scholar Ob to scribe into traveling prayer book” instead of spell ​book.

Got it.

p173, Sample Characters - Taika the Elf has three spells listed instead of the one elves get now

p179-181, Other Weapons section - Might be intentional, but some of the weapons described in the table don’t match the names used in the text – Capture’s “Clever Strategem [sic]” is elsewhere called “Blinds, Camouflage”, and Speech’s “Reiteration” is called “The Rule of Three.” Also, again might be intentional, but Riddle’s Other Weapons aren’t expounded on in the chapter. Finally, Negotiation’s “Cool, Calm” has an extraneous “not” in its description in the table.

Edit: Also, p154, Goblin - Says they like to victimize “men, elves, humans and dwarves” instead of, presumably, “men, elves, halflings and dwarves.”

p73: Suggested Conflict Compromises table, Kill row, GM Loses: Compromises column “Apply the Killing Is My Business compromises to the GM’s monsters”.

That doesn’t seem quite right. Some of the compromises are like that, where they affect the loser more directly than the winner, but minor and mid-level ones can alternatively affect the winner with Conditions.

p37 and p41 (master gear list and weapon list, respectively) don’t match with respect to required inventory space. eg bow p37: “in quiver or hand/carried 2” p41: “carried and belt/weapon”. Mace on p41 doesn’t list belt/weapon as possible.

Couple more I just noticed. (Perhaps not too late for final corrections?) p153, the Ooze’s Trapped weapons are listed as Drive Off weapons again. p154, the Gnoll’s Capture weapons are listed as Convince weapons.

The bow issue may not be an error. Belt/weapon and quiver are the same thing, as using a bow means your belt/weapon slot is a quiver that is filled with arrows. I believe the differences signify that the bow itself can also be carried in the quiver, and is wielded with two hands.

The mace discrepancy looks like a minor error.

Just FYI guys, the proofs have been approved. Everything is in the hands of the printer. You’re welcome to keep pointing out possible errors. I’ll put them on file, but we won’t be able to make any changes until if/when there’s a second printing.