Boxed Set Coming?

I know that Luke is not the publisher of the Boxed set, ASP is. That being true, I do not even know if he will be selling it directly.

As far as ASP goes, I am not impressed with their direct distribution. Hence, my question.

Due to the arcane nature of the publishing world, I will not be able to provide preorders. Nor will I be able to take direct orders for quite some time.

I take it from your lack of reply to the question that you don’t mind where we get it from then?

It doesn’t matter to us, but it might matter to your FLGS.

I know we’re looking forward to it, and hopefully Amazon UK can get it to us (or maybe even better I’ll contact our FLGS to see if they plan on bringing it in).

What’s the purpose of the pawns? I can’t figure out how they’re going to be used at the table.

Because they’re just too cool to ignore :slight_smile: It’s part of the mythos in the setting more than anything - esp when you see Gwendolyn placing them on the map to see who’s where doing what.

And fancy seeing you here mate - hope all’s well in your neck of the woods! :slight_smile: (Yes…this is THAT Kalan/Vince)

The problem with that idea is that the ones in the comic are wooden (naturally) while these are all brightly-colored plastic and too big for the map, plus they represent the position of different patrols while the game involves a single patrol so I’m not sure how they’ll actually be of use.

I can see our group, in a ancient roman Mouse Guard setting, play a tribunis (Guard Captain) and his followers or even a group of tribunii (Guard Captains). That should be possible in Mouse Guard original also? I can also see that an experienced patrol sometimes gets involved in planning and asked about opinoins, here the figurines could be used as props. They could be used as markers if rivaling patrols try to achieve the same thing and each time they hear about one of the other groups they can update the position of the other patrol(s) with the figurines.

Oh, I agree that you can find uses for them. I’m just wondering what their actual purpose is. Jared and Luke are always asking people “The Big 3” questions which at their heart are about how the mechanics are linked to play & behavior at the table - I want to know what purpose (if any) the pawns are supposed to fulfill in the design.

Sometimes swag is just swag.

i don’t like that my first post here should be pestering of the luke but… are there and indications when boxed set will be available. it is probably written here somewhere but my search-fu is weak.

A few posts up from here. TL;DR no one really knows when, hopefully late summer

thanks. i read somewhere that has be re-scheduled for early 2012 and got scared.

What are they, pray tell? i am new and ignorant as $!n.

What are they, pray tell? i am new and ignorant as $!n, btw.

the mouse pawns; i thought they merely represented groups of three MG (pawn, mousehead, three green dots per pawn) on the map. i was considering using regular pawns instead with dots, if i can find any goups to try it out with.

I am going off on a tangent now, i apologize. for the colors though, i saw green in the MG RPG book (and possibly fall 1152?). So i was curious as to whether it works like this:

Green: doing good, living well.
Yellow: flesh wound to wounded.
red: bad day! hurt kinda bad, seriously, need help. (up to expectant death)
Black: graveyard dead.

Amazon recently sent me out a shipping advisory for my pre-ordered copy of the Boxed Set through them that reset their expected ship date to January 2012. Perhaps that’s what your’e thinking of? As has been discussed in the past (this thread? elsewhere?), Amazon probably has no real clue at all when the set will ship, and so they’re just making up numbers. Probably the ship date for Amazon is “when we get some to ship”.

This might be very soon. Or it might be later on.

Yeah, this is what I got. I’m already chomping on the bit for this boxed set to hit my doorstep; especially since Luke has been Tweeting about it at C3. Anyway, hopefully Amazon is just buying time.

[i]Hello,

We’re writing about the order you placed on March 02 2011. Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Luke Crane, David Petersen “Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set”
Estimated arrival date: January 16, 2012 - January 20, 2012

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.[/i]

Also really amped about the box set, could someone tell me if the rules are changed at all? If they are I’m sure it’s answered up thread, but it’s 12 pages. Thanks.