BWG Online Character Burner Update

This look incredible, I can’t wait for this to be done. You’re doing the world a great favor, friend!

If this was FreeMarket you’d totally get an Attaboy.

So if I only have the gold edition so far, is it possible for me to access the Revised Online Burner?

d :smiley:

It’s a diamond in the rough, but it’s here at last!

So I’ve got this to a point where I’m happy to release it to the public.

BW Gold Online Character Burner

Note:
It’s very rough. Play Mode is just for fun and not terribly useful as there is no save/load feature.

Main usage for me is to burn your character in one sitting then click Summary at the top to get a text version that you can save.

The following Settings have not been converted to Gold Edition:
Man -> Noble
Man -> Noble Court
Man -> Religious
Man -> Professional Soldier
Man -> Seafaring
Man -> Servitude and Captive
Man -> Outcast
A work around it to use Cheat mode.

This tool (and the Revised Edition version) will be removed once the official digital Character Burner is released.

Until then, enjoy & happy burning!

Very cool of you. It will tide us over until we can get the app.

Looks very nice. Can’t wait for the official digital Character Burner.

Am I not doing this right? I’m multiplying skill points by years by resource points from the BWG book and it’s telling me it’s incorrect.

Do you want bug reports? Was trying to recreate a character from a recent campaign: Born Etharch --> Attendant --> Second --> Sword Singer --> Princess. But it wouldn’t let me add Princess, even after I added the Fea and Aman traits.

Matt

Hi Matt,
Yes, please send bug reports to charburner@drussel.net

I can select Princess OK. Note the lifepath requirements are checked at the point of selecting a setting so you need to purchase the Fea trait before you select the Etharch setting for picking Princess. If it doesn’t show in the list, select another setting then select Etharch again.

Ah got it, thanks. Will let you know if I find anything else if I get a chance to play around with it more.

Matt

WOOOOOT!!!

Thank you, sir.

There is going to be an official version? Cool!

Hm. I am obviously doing something wrong. When I try to unlock the Men, Dwarves, and Elves lifepaths, I’m multiplying the requested numbers but it won’t let me in.

This is totally awesome, but I think that there is an error in the LP requirements for Longbeard under Dwarf. It was letting me do Born Artificer -> Longbeard, I believe that the requirement is Artificer, not Born Artificer.

Thank you so much for making this!

I’m having the same issue. I’ve gone through half a dozen attempts, and it always says that my answer is incorrect.

Sorry to necro the thread, but was wondering if there had been any progress on the “official” version of the online character burner.

There has. More news soon.

Exciting! Thanks, Luke.

Any progress on the official Burning Wheel Online Character Burner yet?

Or the pauld’s app, for that matter. It still says that it hasn’t been fully updated to Gold.

Millimeters away…