BWG Online Character Burner Update

That’s awesome! Do you have a release date?

Looking forward to the official release! Just bought Gold and I think I’ll wait for the official release until I run a game (my players are not renowned for their ability to plan characters well on paper)

Same here. I only have one copy of Gold, so a digital tool for character burning would be a huge help, until I can convince them to buy their own copies.

Any updates or progress reports?

Is this thing still alive…?

The Gold version of the online character burner still lives, though I haven’t updated it for, let me see, 988 days…

The Revised edition online character burner is no more due to Google disabling it as I hadn’t migrated it onto a supportable platform (the online burner’s are hosted via Googles App Engine service).

Sadly, work & life commitments mean I’m not able to devote any time to further development of this for the foreseeable future.

There’s now Charred and no word on any official burner release.

What I’d really love is for someone with more web-savvy to update or remake the Lifepath Browser, particularly the list of skills and traits. Having a searchable version is immensely helpful.

Oh wow, Charred looks fantastic! So much cleaner then my attempt. nice one, I’m pleased someone’s taken the flame and kept it burning. Is Charred getting actively developed?

Charred looks nice indeed. What I would be awesome is stat block generation (for NPCs) and a way to input custom lifepaths.

I might have dreamt this, but wasn’t there a beta version of the official character burner at some point? I think I played around with it for a day or so…

Anyways, these online apps are indeed great. I also feel a desktop application would be great, where you could input all kinds of house rules, custom traits etc. Like the original e-tools for D&D, if anyone remembers/used those. I might take a shot at creating a module for HeroLab, I think I own the Authoring Kit…