Errata for BWG Revised

Has an errata list been compiled for BWG Revised? I realise it hasn’t been out for long but I’m considering buying it and I have a bit of a bugbear about errata.

Thanks all.

Hi @Ranger.

I’m not aware of any errata for the latest printing of BWG (Revised).

BWHQ work very hard to put out a quality product and, up until this latest revision, any changes have been exceptionally minor (more typographical than anything).

From my previous experience of BW / BWG, the more noticeable “big” changes have been between version (Burning Wheel Revised to Burning Wheel Gold, for instance).

In post 2 of this thread, there’s a link to @Alfred’s extensive side-by-side comparison of BWG to the new 2019 BWGR (7th printing).

Whilst I’m going to be using BWGR going forwards, I don’t think there’s anything that would particularly break too badly if I went back to my 1st/2nd/5th printings of BWG and used those.

Thanks Mark

I’ve spotted one possible addition , here, in that you could choose to add Dance as a possible skill for the Young Lady lifepath.

To my knowledge, it’s never had that skill before (and I’m going back to Revised), but if it fits your setting, fill your boots!

I’m not sure what you mean when you say you are going -back- to Revised. Isn’t Revised the latest offering?

Whilst I’m here, is there a good Youtube video teaching how to play BW? I’m currently watching “The Sword” and I’m also watching Adam Koebel’s offering. Was just wondering if there’s anything that’s a ‘much watch’ vid out there.

There’s also the error that Etching is listed as a FoRK for itself, though I don’t know if there’s an erratum saying what it should be. Engraving is a candidate I’ve seen suggested.

There have been four editions: the original (printed in 2002), now dubbed Classic; Revised (2005); Gold (2011); and now Gold Revised (2019). When you say “Revised” above you’re referring to Burning Wheel Gold Revised, but when most of the community says “Revised”, Burning Wheel Revised (2005) is the edition meant. “BWGR” is a common abbreviation when people don’t want to type out “Gold Revised”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly I’ve just started referring to them with traditional edition numbers. BWGR is just BW 4th edition, to me.

I replaced it with Engraving in my copy, since Engraving has Etching as a fork and this typo exists, my assumption was that they intended them to fork into each other.

2 Likes

I wrote Alchemy as the FoRK, since etching uses chemicals and such.

1 Like

If this thread is going to be a collection of mistakes/fixes we find, I’ll just make a list:

• pg. 50: Reference to a Gray and White Math chapter in the Codex.
    – This was a chapter in the Monster Burner that didn’t make it to the Codex. It contains rules not found in the current iteration, but only relevant if you have white-shade stats. Discussion here.
  • pg. 178: The Dancing skill can optionally be added to the Young Lady lifepath.
    – Luke’s post here.
  • pg. 271: Etching is listed as a FoRK of itself.
    – A common suggestion is to replace it with Engraving, but no official word.
  • pg. 328: Gray Mantle trait is alphabetized as though it were “Grey”.
  • pg. 585: It says magic where it should say Estimation.

Nursing is a specialized skill available to great wolves. You can find it in the codex.

1 Like

Nice catch! Removed that one.

(edited the title for clarity)

1 Like

Haply, was this to have read “less than?”

“Less” meaning “reduced by.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.