Failures!

New Task/Intent I need to smuggle these weapons and drugs to Vincenzo in the old quater; I’ll wait until the thoroughly corrupt Sergeant Corazon is on duty and negotiate a deal to get them through the plague barricades the Baron had installed. (Circles)
He’ll let you through…if you give him a cut of the drugs, and you’ll have to shortchange Vincenzo.

I will use Playwright to create a masque in honor of the visiting prince. If he’s impressed I’ll get his patronage and be able to get out of this backwater. It’s important enough that I’d better link in a Circles test to see if I can bring in a master set designer.
Several of the locals are so impressed with your performance that they swarm you with requests for gigs. The prince doesn’t even consider hiring you away from the town that you’re so obviously loved in.

New task/intent: I will Command some of my men to dress as savages, take up stone-tipped arrows, and kill Father Aethelmere and his deacons on the road as he returns to his parish tonight. The secret of my wife’s witchcraft will die with him, and later I can gain favor with the church by sacking some savage villages.
Many are stricken with pangs of conscience, but they’ll do it so long as you explain why they’re killing him–to keep the secret.

New Task/Intent: I use Family Secrets-wise to dig up my knowledge of the incestuous relationship between the queen and her brother the renowned fighter. (making a Wise declaration)

I will Command some of my men to dress as savages, take up stone-tipped arrows, and kill Father Aethelmere and his deacons on the road as he returns to his parish tonight. The secret of my wife’s witchcraft will die with him, and later I can gain favor with the church by sacking some savage villages.
Your control over your men is not as great as you think. They dress as you order and go, but they can’t bring themselves to attack the holy men. Instead they kneel and repent, and now Aethelmere knows you’re out to get him and has your men’s protection.

I use Family Secrets-wise to dig up my knowledge of the incestuous relationship between the queen and her brother the renowned fighter. (making a Wise declaration)
Sure. You know they’re incestuous lovers. But you failed, so you’re wrong and they’re simply very close. Or you failed, so you’re right, but your evidence is wrong. When you confront them your accusations fall apart even though they’re all true.

I want to use Prospecting to find a lode so rich that even my disgrace can be forgiven in exchange for the vast wealth I can deliver.

I use Family Secrets-wise to dig up my knowledge of the incestuous relationship between the queen and her brother the renowned fighter. (making a Wise declaration)

On digging into the rumours you had heard you find the truth was not about the Royal family but than your own. You are a bastard born of incest; Lets hope no-one else finds out.

I want to use Prospecting to find a lode so rich that even my disgrace can be forgiven in exchange for the vast wealth I can deliver.[/QUOTE]

Alas, you delve too hard and deep and shore up too little; On breaking through to a natural cavern, your hard work collapses behind you. You’ll have to find another way out… and you hear movement in the darkness.

The old tales always spoke of a break in the shoals, I shall sail my ship and crew around the Hopless Cape and prove their is a navigable passage for merchant vessels there. Seamanship, forking Navigation and Folklore.

If you fail, everyone in the room is already privy to that secret and you have tipped your hand to the queen and her conspirators. Now it’s time for some hard negotiations.

I want to use Prospecting to find a lode so rich that even my disgrace can be forgiven in exchange for the vast wealth I can deliver.
If you fail you discover a rich vein near the edge of your claim, but the bulk of the vein runs through the claim of Burri One-son, whose view of you is quite dim since The Event. Burri will be so happy when you tell him about it, maybe he won’t spit at your shadow every time you come around!

The old tales always spoke of a break in the shoals, I shall sail my ship and crew around the Hopless Cape and prove their is a navigable passage for merchant vessels there. Seamanship, forking Navigation and Folklore.
If you fail, your ship will be impaled on the shoals and you’ll be washed ashore and discovered by the pitiless crow-folk.

If you fail, you will discover the passage after much difficulty and delay, but when you pass through you are met by natives waving the flag of your rival nation, Guilder, and calling you Monserrat, the name of a prominent Guilderman captain. He’s been here and gone, no doubt to publicize his discovery of the new Monserrat Passage. By the way, your crew is demanding extra pay.

New Intent: The prince must take the trial by fire to prove he did not kill his father the king, but I am worried that he may have done exactly that. His father was a cruel man who deserved murder, so I will pray to God to suspend the prince’s punishment and leave the boy unscathed by the fire. (Rolling Faith)