Got my book!

They are en route to me. Hopefully, they’ll get here tomorrow and we can ship them Friday. Patience!

-L

I’VE GOT MY COPY!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I received it on monday, in less than 2 weeks. And it’s unharmed! :mrgreen:

If I had time to read it… :roll:

Or a group to play it… :roll:

First things first: “Hi, I’m Francesco, and I like Burning Wheel” :lol:
I lurk the forums, but until today I didn’t have anything meaningful to contribute.

I write this just to say that I ordered BE on Aug 29 and today here it is.
Not bad, considered that I’m in Italy. Who knows, I may be the first in my country to buy BE…

The book is totally gorgeous, and it came in ALMOST perfect contitions. The corners were a bit squashed but… who cares
:roll:
I may have a lot of problems, but at least I’m not a sealed-package collector-guy. I use my stuff, and I use it pretty hard, so hardbacked RPGs get quite squashed in the corners in a very short time when put in my hands!

Welcome Franz! Enjoy your book. I know that I am rough with mine books as well, always makes me sad to look att heir deteriated conditin after a good campaign. Luckly I have a printed copy of the PDF, and I will make the players go through that rather than get their nasty hands on the main book.

Yey, got mine! Very nice book indeed, and much nicer to use than the pdf…

I must say I’m a bit curious what the US mail have been up to though:

The actual book was fortunately without a scratch.

Cheers from Stockholm, Sweden!

From my experiences in shipping stuff domestically and overseas, I think European postal workers just like to beat the shit out of US packages, at least outside of the UK. I’ve sent similar items to Germany, the UK, and Australia at about the same time (and in the US, too), and the German one was trashed when it got to the recipient, while the one in Australia was barely touched.

[quote=“stormsweeper”]

From my experiences in shipping stuff domestically and overseas, I think European postal workers just like to beat the shit out of US packages[/quote]

they hate our freedom.

How come they ain’t being shipped in boxes? Seems like a normal thing to do, ship them in boxes.

Ol’ Practical Pete. Because shipping in boxes costs $25. Shipping in flat rate envelopes costs $10.

-L

Heck! Serves them cheapskates right, then!

I’ve got a copy now too, not signed or anything. Sadly, I’ve had it barely a day, and been very delicate with it, and still the binding is coming unglued. Oh well, that’s kind of how I feel when I read it so tough on me I guess.

? BUH? Return that sucker to Key20 and we’ll replace it.

-L

I didn’t get it from Key20, well I guess I did twice removed. See, I ordered it from my local store. They haven’t received it yet. However, I was just at ConQuest SF this past weekend (I ran Burning Wheel UaSS) and saw that another dealer had four books. So, I told my store, he traded some stock with them and got me the book. Anyway, it seems to be the last third of the book has the pages unglued at the bottom. I figure I’m stuck with it considering that I didn’t order it directly myself. It’d be nice if I wasn’t of course, but something tells me it’s a pipe dream to think otherwise.

Craig

Wow, it sounds like a Chinese bootleg version of the book!

Weren’t they printed in China?

Two or three of the little booklet folds in the last third of my book are slightly unglued on the bottom. Nothing to worry about, but the whole last third?

That happened to a White Wolf book of mine once (more than a third, though) and a little Elmer’s glue in where the glue should have been fixed it (and stayed fixed).

Well, I finally got my preordered book, and I can only say that I’m in awe. The pdf was excellent, but the actual book is bloody marvellous! Now I just need some people with whom to play it…

My book arrived (from the key20 site)

The quality of production is amazing, though there are slight corner dings along the spine.

I didn’t know all the pages were glossy… high class stuff.

Love that new book smell.

I have it! And way overdue too, though through no fault on the BE team’s part: The book arrived in Trondheim only days after I left Norway for England. It was only weeks later, when I went to Bergen this weekend, that I was able to get my hands on it and bring it over here to Nottingham.

It’s a beautiful book, that’s certainly no exaggeration. I have to worry about the bindings though. It seems so improbable for such a thick and finely bound book to be able to hold together.
Now to find some likely candidates to play against…

Fredrik Sellevold

My book came on Monday. 18 days to Canada isn’t bad, not bad at all.

It has finally arrived. It was a long trip for that little book, having crossed the US Canada border twice but it’s here and it’s great!

Thanks Luke for a great game.