Sources for all Spells

For my own use I’m assembling a complete spell reference. I’ve got the Torchbearer Rulebook, Middarmark, the playtest spells and prayers, and Wanderers, Outcasts, and Exiles. Is there any other source of spells for Torchbearer?

(Oh yes, there’s one in Floating Castle Ardmor…)

2 Likes

Rune Casters has a different magic system, but they’re basically spells.

1 Like

Also, there’s the Raise Dead prayer in the Terrible Price playtest that I don’t think is elsewhere.

Of course! Thanks for reminding me. I think my next PC will be a fisk gambler!

Alas, it is but a name. Perhaps Thor will see our plight and bestow the text upon us?

1 Like

The Terrible Price document is on the Torchbearer blog:

Edit: Oh wait, it’s not written like a spell… It’s just described.

1 Like

Astral Knights has some spell-like abilities, if you want to include that. Otherwise, I don’t think you’ve missed anything.

Oh, wait. Stone Dragon Mountain has a prayer. Kind of specific to the place, though.

I wrote up a “raise dead” spell. It works differently than the rules given in the Terrible Price, mainly because I feel Nature is a better measure of spiritual force than Health.

Discussion here

Intercession of the Lords of Life and Death, 4th Circle Prayer
The cleric beseeches the Lords of Life and Death directly to return an ally to life. In return, they ask some portion of the cleric’s own vital force be offered as sacrifice. Those who return from the Dry Lands are never the same, and often descend into despair and madness.

Supplies: A silken burial shroud, black ink and crow-feather quill, a silver bell.
Alignment: Unaligned
Scribe Scroll: Scholar Ob 6

Intercession of the Lords of Life and Death Factors
Connection: enemy, lover, parent, friend, acquaintance, stranger
Necrosis: intact, rigor mortis, decomposing, dismembered, desiccated
Strength of Spirit: Nature 6, Nature 5, Nature 4, Nature 3, Nature 2

Intercession of the Lords of Life and Death Effect
Invoking this prayer taxes the cleric’s current Nature by one. The prayer only works on a reasonably complete set of remains (e.g. missing an arm is possible, missing a head is not). Intercession requires a ritual space without interruption, and so may only be cast in the Camp or Town Phase. Unlike other prayers, Intercession requires a Check or a Lifestyle increase to invoke.

After a lengthy ritual, the subject is restored to life. If unable to pay the these costs, the subject cannot be revived:

• Retain any condition you had at the moment of death, plus become Exhausted.
  • Remove all passes and fails logged for any skills and abilities.
  • Tax Health and Will by 1.
  • Lower both the Maximum Nature and Nature Cap by 1. If your Maximum Nature is ever lowered to 3 or less, replace a trait of the GM’s choosing with “One Foot In the Grave.”

Lots o’ Loot has Tillius’ 10 Useful Spells, which again are incomplete. But they’re so simple. My only question is would they have an Ob 1 for learning, scribing, and casting; or would there be no test for casting.

For Tillius’ spells, Jared said:

1st level spells, Ob 1 Arcanist test. Scribing is +1 Ob.

Blessed Bargain and Frugal Concern use Margin of Success (or Failure in the case of the former).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.