Boxed Set Coming?

That’s cool. I have to admit I’m personally not frustrated, just trying to provide up-to-date info since this is a box set I’ll definitely be picking up. When I posted about no info from Luke or David, I hope neither took offence, I was just confirming that no new info was out.
Anyways, it’s on order from my local comic book shop, but being in the UK I have to be patient since we usually get stuff a lot later than the US. Having said that, somehow I ended up with Black Axe #1 two weeks before everyone else and Legends of the Guard #4 about three weeks late lol.

The UK version of the book was published by Titan Books, not Archaia. I wonder if the same will be true for the box set?

Well, USA invaded another countries for oil and killed civilians (eg. Irak), used intervention on south american countries (eg. CIA on Chile 1973), torture ‘war’ prisioners (eg. Guantanamo), etc… but this has nothing to do with their people, and their artists. So, I buy Mouse Guard, even if it comes from an american :). But I got your point man! it bugs me too that kind of selfish economical and political prides.

Better than paying the $149.99 - 200.00 on Amazon and eBay…

I can’t believe people would possibly even think about paying that…

For now your best bet is probably buying the PDF:

http://www.burningempires.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=62

I have the PDF. I want a book and have this one on pre-order through my FLGS, I just can’t belive the price people are asking for the book!

Yep, it’s insane and disgusting.

Ironic to have people hoarding a game in which the setting punishes hoarders.

Can’t wait for my boxset.

Now amazon’s saying it wont come out until July, 11.

btw, Francisco, your imbecility is amusing.

Yes. I tried to buy it last week, when it says “december 28”, but suddenly they move it to 11 july 2011. :confused: That’s a lot of time considering it’s a pre-order.

Twice Born, do I say something that disturbed you? I didn’t mean to do that, just expressing a viewpoint on facts. If you disagree so pm me, don’t use forum to spread insults. No hard feelings! :wink:

We were reminded in other threads that political discussions are to be avoided here.

General opinions about United States’ foreign policy are probably a bad thing, and “war for oil” is probably less factual than the complicated realities of it, as an example. It’s the kind of generalization & the type of slogan that incites certain responses from other people.

Commentary on Chinese manufacture of common goods (especially in a meanspirited sense of “commentary”) is likewise probably not good on this forum.

We are all complex (read: hypocrites) at the end of the day. There are no perfect angels.

BUT I am not Luke. I am not a mod on this forum. So, merry Christmas to all!

People: Play nice.

Twice, you’ve been a member long enough to know that this isn’t the place to toss around ad hominems unless in jest.

Francisco, there are plenty of other places on the interwebs you can discuss your politics. This board is for Burning Wheel related games discussions.

Beer, I appreciate the effort, but you’re just adding fuel to the fire with comments like that.

Please don’t feel the need to apologize or discuss. Just drop it and talk about games and stuff.

Please use this forum to complain all you want about release dates, but understand that I have zero control. Neither does David. I can’t answer any questions.

If you would like to see Mouse Guard back in print sooner rather than later, I encourage you to continue regular inquiries with Archaia. They are a small company and trust me, even if they don’t get back to you, they hear you.

http://www.archaia.com/
m.caylo@archaia.com
Twitter: @Archaia
http://www.facebook.com/ArchaiaEntertainment

Actually, that’s July 12, 2011. Get your facts straight.

lol

Only joking…

But your right, it doesn’t sound right, and if it’s true, it’s down right annoying to have to wait that long.

If the release date is in July when will preorders start being accepted?

@Scullkrusher

Well, that is the odd thing. The pre-orders are already available, just Amazon is showing up a very, very strange release date - before they were saying 28th of December, now they changed to July of 2011 O_o.
Troll and Toad is still showing 27th of December.
All I know is that I really want Amazon to be wrong and that the boxset is released and shipped this month xD

Here is to hoping o/

It would probably be best to wait for Luke and the folks at GHQ to post something to confirm when preorders will be available. Unless of course they aren’t sure either. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

[Edit: Or to confirm when preorders will start shipping out.]

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas if you celebrate it!
I emailed Archaia, no reply, though it was probably around closedown for Chrimbo, so I didn’t expect a reply.
Amazon’s date changed once before, so I wouldn’t rely on them. I think one of the better places to keep an eye out is the Diamond website, they list comic releases and related items (and the MG RPG boxed set was in their Previews magazine a while back), I’ll keep an eye on there.

Woops, yes! July 12, that’s true Twice. :slight_smile:
Thanks for advice timbolton.

Talking about Amazon, what does it mean [Hardcover]? I thought box set would include softcover books, both core rule book and supplement.

They probably say Hardcover because it comes in a box. Otherwise, yeah, makes no sense, the books inside the box are softcover.

But who knows, maybe Amazon is a tad crazy, seeing the 12nd of July release date XD

This is what I just recieved from a Mel Caylo from the publisher of the Mouse Guard Boxed set (I can’t spell their name)

Hi Darrel,

Thanks for writing!

At this time, the release of the Mouse Guard Boxed Set is tentatively scheduled for March, April the latest.

Thanks for your patience!

Mel Caylo | Marketing Manager