MG Conflict Cards

Just throwing some wild crazy ideas out there, but argument weapons would be cool as well.

Animal cards would be cool, but there’s not enough pictures. You know what would be really cool? If they made a huge stack of cards with the different characters and animals and maybe even different obstacles and what not and David did art for each one. That would be amazing, but it will never happen. I know I’m going a bit over board, but it would be kinda fun as a gm to have a stack of WWAM obstacles and to rummage through and say "aha! fallen log! or angry crow! or icy rain! and have different obstacle numbers for various scenarios involving that obstacle. It’s to much work for us, but it would be cool to have them if they were made in bulk and sold. What do you guys think? Am I crazy? One problem I see is that it might end up stumping the creativity if everything’s spelled out for you on a card.

Great job as allways :slight_smile:

but this is funny … im already imagening the next game from Luke and David …

“Mouse Guard: The Card Game”

:stuck_out_tongue:

cheers!

Hi

I’ve mocked up the rest of the proposed weapon cards. Find below thumbnails of the weapon cards, front and back, for peer review. Clicking on the thumbnails will take you to much larger - though still not decent print quality sized - mockup images. (~800k) (I’ll remove these images in a week or so.)

Please unleash your pettifoggery and pedantry, no nitpick is too small. Catching typos and design issues upfront is good. I don’t hugely dig the Knife image myself, but I couldn’t find a better one. If folks want, I can also change the spelling of Manoeuver to Maneuver for consistency with the Mouse Guard text. If ya’ll okay them then I will polish them up and append the correctly sized weapon images to Scarecrows’s existing PDF.

Cheerio
Pete

[]](http://plainvanilla.typepad.com/soap/images/mg-cards/scarecrow/axe-hook.png)

[]](http://plainvanilla.typepad.com/soap/images/mg-cards/scarecrow/knife-sling.png)

[]](http://plainvanilla.typepad.com/soap/images/mg-cards/scarecrow/staff-sword.png)

First of I must say that these cards looks great, having conflict cards, tokens and weapon cards in a game like mouse guard is realy nice. So over to some small nitpick from my side atleast :smiley:
One thing that I would like since I dont know how to edit PDF files is that the images is centered on the page so that it is posible to do a front and back printing on the same page since I use some sort of plastic paper to print on.

Edit: the picture on page 25 in the rulebook might also be used as a knife image,

For my part atleast I wouldent mind having the manoeuver changed to maneuver in consistancy with the book, but thats just me, maby :D.

If you need hosting space i got some, only 500MB but it should be enoughf to hold atleast some PDF :smiley:

And once again, this is great work and i realy appriciate it :smiley:

They look great! Why not use different borders for variety?
Actually, are you going to do cards for non-combat conflicts such as ‘Evidence’ or ‘Provisions’ etc. In which case use a different border based on the ‘weapon’ type.

Crow

I think that the same type of cards should have the same overall design so that you can spot a type of card without actually reading it.

To the creators of the different cards and tokens of many different types. I love this stuff. Dignitas for you.

First of all great cards. If they were printed just that way they’d be fine with me.

I hope you still are going to print them like Scarecrows because I like consistancy and all mine are already printed that way.

Also, I think it would be great to do some Arguement/Nagotiation/Speech and Chase weapon cards. But that’s a lot of work so it’s up to you. They would be most helpful though.

I’m struggleing between haveing a picute of all the characters on every card or haveing more unique interesting pictures. Like the huge picture of the black axe for the axe, or one picture in the RPG book of these armory swords leaning on each other. I like conformity, but more random pictures might make the cards more interesting, like sadie holding her knife with her tail while fighting the crab. Pictures with the weapons in use would be a lot more fun. Also, sadie useing her sling against the owl which can be found on the website. I just think it would be cooler if the pictures were more unique instead of the main characters. I mean, we practically have all those pictures memorized.

Well there’s my nit pick. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that. Folks might already have printed the existing cards out, laminated them, and so forth. So to preserve their investment I’m going to leave the spelling as Scarecrow originally did it.

Absolutely.

Whew. I’m unlikely to do those because that’d be a lot of work and, in my opinion, those are weapons best played with stirring narration. I’ll happily pass on the templates - with Scarecrow’s permission - to anyone that’d like to take up that baton :slight_smile:

I hear you. I don’t want to use any images that aren’t from the RPG though, which is why I’m not too kosher about the image of Sadie on the Knife card, seeing as I lifted it from #2 of the comics. I’ll replace that image with one from the RPG. I did think about using the Black Axe as you suggest, but the consistency of the images that David Petersen did for most of the weapons pushed me towards using the images I did.

I’ll be ‘‘doing’’ the cards tomorrow night since I’ve got a deadline for using them at a con this weekend. I’ll post the updated PDF in a couple of days time, assuming that Luke is cool with the additions.

Cheers
Pete

I might create some cards if I miss them during play so I’d be happy to have the templates if it’s OK with you and Scarecrow. I’m not promising doing anything but if I miss some kind of cards I might create them. If I do, I will of course share them with all of you.

/Illern

My nitpick is that these cards are simply just too awesome. Could you maybe tone the awesomeness down a bit? I’m concerned my son would run around the house screaming and flailing his arms due to awesomeness overdose. Thank you!

On a more serious note: I would suggest having two or MORE pictures of the weapon. That way, we have more variety and can pick what we want. Or more simply put, the art is just awesome and more in this case is simply better.

Has anyone noticed we’re using the word “awesome” a lot?

Indy Pete, when can we expect a “final product”? I’m playing with my wife and son this weekend (Saturday) and it would be great to have it by then.

They’ve been baked and ready to eat for a couple of weeks now.

The cards use artwork by David (Petersen), text by Luke, and are based on templates kindly shared with me by Wayne (Scarecrow). I thought I’d better get their final “yep, go for it” permission before posting a link to the PDF.

I think they’ll all be cool with it since I only added a few weapon cards to something they’d all said was cool previously. So I guess I could post the link to the updated PDF now in anticipation of their permission. Mmm, possibly a bit cheeky. What do you folks think?

Cheerio
Pete

Yep, go for it! :smiley:

Post it already, it’s not like they haven’t given you permission to make cards already. I’m really dying for a sling, sword, and knife.

The Mouse Guard cards can be downloaded from here.

I created a landing page to make explicit the fact that Scarecrow created some lovely cards - cheers dude! - and to thank Luke and David for their cool game and kind permission - more cheers dudes!

Cheerio
Pete

This seems to be the place to hang any Mouse Guard related pageantry so I thought I’d show y’all what I have been tinkering with for my own games.

I guess some people won’t be interested in the idea of turning the conflict mechanics into what is appears to be small board game but I started with the cards and it just spiraled from there…

These are still a work in progress as there is loads to cover…

click on the images to expand them…

Bonus points for spotting the stupid typo…

WOAH! That’s just gorgeous! Nice work!

Crow

Really good-looking. Maybe it’s a little over the top for me but had I the possibility I would give it a try.

words are nothing so…

I give a 10/10 :smiley:

Very impressive. I like. Being cheeky, but any chance of getting them as PDFs to try out?
John

That is so Very Cool.

I don’t think it makes it “like a boardgame” at all. That’s just nice shiny design that complements a process that’s already there.

Yes, I second John’s request for a PDF download :slight_smile: I’d love to use those in my games. The conflict board is such a nice touch.

As regards the typo, “Interations” -> “Interactions”.

Cheers
Pete