Preorders Sold Out!

Based on the original email the changes in general are:

The Lash Bearers here at BWHQ decided that we should fix all known errata. But even that wasn’t enough. They cracked their whips and demanded we address weak rules, inconsistencies and repetitive junk. I agreed to nearly all of the changes, but my one condition was that we couldn’t rewrite the book—the pagination had to remain the same. Rewriting everything means new layout. Which is death. Working within these limitations, we managed to make many fixes and tweaks. We even added rules for creating your own traits and rebalanced Elven Grief. Thus, we’re very proud of the new edition and we can’t wait for you to see it.

Hopefully details will be forthcoming in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Yes, please tell us more about the changes!

I imagine that if you already know the Burning Wheel already the benefit of the rules being rephrased will be lost on you.

Rebalancing Grief could be as simple as using a Persona point instead of Deeds to tap it with some kind of drawback like the rule for Dwarves. We’ll find this out almost immediately after shipping when someone inevitably talks about it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be getting it in good time but it’s probably mostly accessibility changes. Which is great! But not a lot changes for veterans of the system.

If it were more major we’d have heard the word “druthers” already! I think that was the word of the year 2010!

2 Likes

I’m so excited for my pre-order.

Odd side-question: do we still call the new edition “Burning Wheel Gold”, since it’s now base of red with gold trim?

We are calling it BWGR, pronounced Bugger here in the Antipodes.

6 Likes

I’m new here so go easy. My understanding from this thread is that although BWGR pre-orders were originally available for $15, they sold out almost immediately, prompting Luke et al to figure out the logistics of a print run that would not put them in poor financial situation. Great, I am 101% happy to support you guys at BWHQ by pre-ordering three copies at $25 a pop. And honestly, I would happily pay $35 a book if it meant you guys could quit your day jobs and put out more content.

My question: am I still going to get my copies in April per the details on the website if I order now? Or did I miss the second round pre-order stock?

Thanks!

1 Like

Mine arrived today.

It is a beautiful book.

12 Likes

Are they shipping out?

1 Like

In the order in which the orders were placed. I know mine was placed well after the original 500 allocated for $15 a head so I know mine will likely be a short time in fulfillment since I gotta wait for 500+ others to be shipped.

I can tell you that I’m in the early $15 pre-order group and I haven’t gotten an email notifying me of shipment. So…trying to be patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just wondering about this earlier today. Now that I know they’re shipping, I can allow myself to be excited.

Super excited!

1 Like

Same. I have little hope for an early delivery but that does not prevent me from anticipating that email with a ton of hype.

1 Like

I got a shipping notification on the 9th, but actually it was a pre-shipping notification and the thing has not yet shipped as of now.

Got my book today, I was in the first batch of $15 sales.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if these are being processed in the order they were placed… I placed mine on March 7th and haven’t had a single follow up email about it (other than the original confirmation email) meanwhile someone on reddit who ordered on April 3rd already has their books? I’m a little concerned to say the least… Not a good first impression of BWHQ

My order was placed on February 12th, which I think was the day it was announced. BWHQ is not a big or traditional operation, so I’d urge patience and try to recognize it’s a handful of people doing their thing. I can’t imagine this is a full-time gig for any of them. Not that I don’t understand the frustration.

1 Like

Yea frustration is the word when I see that orders aren’t processed in order like they claim, especially after seeing a YouTube video on how there were issues with the way the gold version was distributed. I want to support the company, but I also don’t want to feel like I threw money away. I’d honestly like a response from BWHQ and not a fan

What’s up, Jordan?

6 Likes

I got my shipping notification. I order right when the $25 options came up (a little bit before it was officially announced).

Almost there…almost there.